top of page
  • kcrpomarketing

What Should I Do If I Am Injured at Work?

Suffering an injury at work is usually stressful, and you may find yourself asking a lot of questions. If you are out of work due to the injury and wondering “how will I get paid? Do I have medical bills to take care of? What does this mean for my job long term?” here are a few things you can, and should, do to make the process a little bit smoother, and a lot less stressful:

  • Report and document the injury to a supervisor as soon as possible.

  • If there were witnesses to the work accident/injury, take down their names and phone numbers.

  • Ask your supervisor or human resource personnel for workers’ compensation claim information.

  • Seek out medical care soon after a work injury and let your doctor know the injury happened at work

  • Consult with a workers’ compensation attorney.

Following these steps soon after a work injury will help protect yourself and your workers’ compensation claim. Whether or not you ultimately need to pursue a claim or hire an attorney, taking these steps gives you options if a work injury leads you to ask any of the questions mentioned above.

If you have been injured at work in Delaware, call the attorneys at Kimmel Carter at 302-565-6100.



bottom of page